Columbia Business Monthly names eight Robinson Gray attorneys to ‘Legal Elite’ for 2022
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia Business Monthly has recognized eight Robinson Gray attorneys to the magazine’s “Legal Elite of the Midlands” list for 2022. The annual list honors Midlands lawyers who are considered outstanding in their respective practice areas by their peers.
Two attorneys, Betsy Gray and Becky Laffitte, were highlighted as “top vote” recipients in their respective categories and received a special feature in the magazine.
Here are the eight chosen as Legal Elite, with the practice areas in which they are being cited:
- Grady Beard – Workers’ Compensation – Defendant
- Molly Campolong – Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights; Bankruptcy and Debtor Rights
- Kevin Garrison – Commercial Real Estate
- Betsy Gray – Anti-Trust
- Becky Laffitte – Maritime; Personal Injury – Defendant
- Shannon Poteat – Workers’ Compensation – Defendant
- Bill Metzger – Corporate Law – Business Organizations
- Paul Hoefer – Foreclosure
The magazine has been publishing the Legal Elite feature since 2010. The selection process begins with nominations from more than a thousand active lawyers in the Midlands. While attorneys are allowed to nominate members of their own firm, for each in-firm nomination there must be a corresponding out-of-firm nomination. Attorneys are not allowed to vote for themselves.
Attorney votes then narrow the nominees down to the top 10 in each of the 20 practice areas.
“It’s great to be recognized by a local publication in this way” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “It’s even better to know that our colleagues in the legal profession understand how well we represent our clients.”