Molly splits her practice between commercial transactions and insolvency and creditor’s rights representation.
In her commercial transactions practice, she assists clients with purchasing and selling real estate, real estate financing, reviewing and drafting business contracts and commercial leases, entity choice, and entity formation. In her insolvency and creditor’s rights practice, Molly represents clients in collection matters, complex workouts, and bankruptcies. Prior to joining Robinson Gray, Molly clerked for the Honorable John Cannon Few at the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of South Carolina.
- Commercial Transactions
- Represented lender in making a $28 million loan secured by real estate.
- Represented a pet supply store in creating a limited liability company, entering into a real property lease, and entering into promissory note with a non-traditional lender.
- Represented brewery in purchasing real estate, lease drafting, contract negotiations, and obtaining financing.
- Represented motorsports company in purchasing track, purchasing neighboring real property, and lease and sublease drafting.
- Insolvency and Creditor’s Rights
- Represented state agency in seeking dismissal of a bankruptcy adversary proceeding.
- Defended lender in bankruptcy adversary proceeding alleging payments on loans made to debtor were preferential transfers and fraudulent conveyances.
- Represented senior secured creditor in workout and restructuring of debt.
- Represented lender in modification of $36 million loan.
- Columbia Business Monthly Legal Elite of the Midlands
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights (2020-2023)
- Bankruptcy and Debtor’s Rights (2022)
- Business Litigation (2021)
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch List
- Banking and Finance Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), (2024)
- Real Estate Law (2024)
- Contracting (Around) COVID-19, South Carolina Lawyer (November 2020)
- Presenter with Christine E. Brimm and R. William Metzger, Jr., “Preference Actions and Fraudulent Conveyances,” South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association Annual Seminar (September 2020)
- Commercial Bankruptcies: What the increase in bankruptcies means for property owners and businesses in S.C., COVID-19 Blog (August 10, 2020)
- Contractual Rights: COVID-19, force majeure provisions, and impossibility of performance, COVID-19 Blog (March 19, 2020)
- A Quick Guide to the South Carolina Uniform Power of Attorney Act, The SC Young Lawyer (Fall 2018)
- How to Change Your Voter Registration, ELECT Blog (October 2018)
- Making it Rain: Elizabeth Van Doren Gray and Rebecca Laffitte, ABA Law Practice Today (October 2018)
- Have You Amended Your LLC’s Operating Agreement? Here’s Why You Should, The Advocate’s Journal (February 2018)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable John Cannon Few, South Carolina Supreme Court (2016-2017)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable John Cannon Few, South Carolina Court of Appeals (2015-2016)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Bill Hamrick, Superior Court of Coweta County, Georgia (May 2014-July 2014)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) – Midlands
- Immediate Past President
- President (2022-2023)
- Board of Directors: Membership (2019-2022)
- Co-Chair of Robinson, Gray, Stepp, & Laffitte, LLC Pro Bono Committee (2019-2022)
- Women’s Leadership Congress
- Financial Services Group
- Meritas Emerging Leaders Advisory Board, Board Member
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- Seminar Planning Committee (2020)
- South Carolina Bar
- Chair of Fundraising for Midlands Cinderella Project, Young Lawyers Division (2019-2021)
- Consumer Law Section Council
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- J. Bratton Davis Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- Junior League of Columbia
- Healthy Kids Fun Fair, Treasurer (2019-2020)
- Friendraiser Committee, Treasurer (2022-2023)
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with Honors (2015)
- Managing Editor, Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- University of South Carolina, Honors College, B.A., magna cum laude (2012)