US Supreme Court Holds 28 North Carolina state House and Senate districts are Racially Gerrymandered
By Rob Tyson In North Carolina v. Covington, the United State Supreme Court upheld the three-judge panel decision that 28 of North Carolina state House of Representative and Senate districts were drawn as racial gerrymanders in violation of the equal protection clause. However, the Supreme Court reversed the district court ruling ordering newly drawn districts […]
By Roland Franklin and Rob Tyson A recent United States Supreme Court decision significantly impacts redistricting litigation. In Alabama Legislative Black Caucus v. Alabama, No. 13-895 (slip op.) (Mar. 25, 2015), the Alabama Legislative Black Caucus (“Caucus”) and the Alabama Democratic Conference (“Conference”) challenged the lawfulness of Alabama’s 2012 redistricting plans. According to the Caucus […]
Tiffany Hendricks to Chair Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization
Congratulations to Tiffany Hendricks! She has been appointed Chairman of the Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.
Bobby Stepp represented House Speaker Bobby Harrell in the Supreme Court on Wednesday. Click here to read an article published in The State Newspaper discussing the case.
- Bill Metzger receives ‘Crusty Crab Award’ from Meritas
- Meredith Ann Krzyston joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Kelly Morrow joins Robinson Gray as member
- Michael Montgomery appointed to Palmetto Health Foundation board
- Shannon Till Poteat joins Robinson Gray as member
- Jasmine Smith appointed to the SC Women Lawyers Association Board of Directors
- Kevin Garrison named to Clemson Board of Visitors