US Supreme Court Holds 28 North Carolina state House and Senate districts are Racially Gerrymandered
By Rob Tyson In North Carolina v. Covington, the United State Supreme Court upheld the three-judge panel decision that 28 of North Carolina state House of Representative and Senate districts were drawn as racial gerrymanders in violation of the equal protection clause. However, the Supreme Court reversed the district court ruling ordering newly drawn districts […]
By Roland Franklin and Rob Tyson A recent United States Supreme Court decision significantly impacts redistricting litigation. In Alabama Legislative Black Caucus v. Alabama, No. 13-895 (slip op.) (Mar. 25, 2015), the Alabama Legislative Black Caucus (“Caucus”) and the Alabama Democratic Conference (“Conference”) challenged the lawfulness of Alabama’s 2012 redistricting plans. According to the Caucus […]
Tiffany Hendricks to Chair Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization
Congratulations to Tiffany Hendricks! She has been appointed Chairman of the Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.
Bobby Stepp represented House Speaker Bobby Harrell in the Supreme Court on Wednesday. Click here to read an article published in The State Newspaper discussing the case.
- Maura Greg joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Chambers USA cites Robinson Gray for excellence in general commercial litigation
- Michael Montgomery and Nick Haigler join executive committee of Robinson Gray
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten; four others named Rising Stars
- Robinson Gray named a ‘2020 Pro Bono Leader’ in SC by ABA
- La’Jessica Stringfellow appointed to SC Access to Justice Commission
- Watson, Metzger named to inaugural list of Go To lawyers for business in SC
- Robinson Gray names attorney Ben Gooding as newest member