US Supreme Court Holds 28 North Carolina state House and Senate districts are Racially Gerrymandered
By Rob Tyson In North Carolina v. Covington, the United State Supreme Court upheld the three-judge panel decision that 28 of North Carolina state House of Representative and Senate districts were drawn as racial gerrymanders in violation of the equal protection clause. However, the Supreme Court reversed the district court ruling ordering newly drawn districts […]
By Roland Franklin and Rob Tyson A recent United States Supreme Court decision significantly impacts redistricting litigation. In Alabama Legislative Black Caucus v. Alabama, No. 13-895 (slip op.) (Mar. 25, 2015), the Alabama Legislative Black Caucus (“Caucus”) and the Alabama Democratic Conference (“Conference”) challenged the lawfulness of Alabama’s 2012 redistricting plans. According to the Caucus […]
Tiffany Hendricks to Chair Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization
Congratulations to Tiffany Hendricks! She has been appointed Chairman of the Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.
Bobby Stepp represented House Speaker Bobby Harrell in the Supreme Court on Wednesday. Click here to read an article published in The State Newspaper discussing the case.
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch
- Three Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 by Best Lawyers
- Jasmine Smith named to SC Top 40 Under 40 list by National Black Lawyers
- Thirteen Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2020
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named Star of the Quarter by ABA Young Lawyers Division