COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – One Robinson Gray attorney has been named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America. Additionally, 14 other attorneys from the firm have also been recognized in the same publication.
Bill Metzger has been named Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year in Columbia, SC. These designations are presented to a single attorney within each practice area and city.
Best Lawyers in America recognized Robinson Gray attorneys in the following practice areas:
Grady Beard, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
Kevin Bell, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law
Tina Cundari, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation
Frank Ellerbe, Administrative / Regulatory Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Litigation – Environmental, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Utilities Law
Kevin Garrison – Real Estate Law
Betsy Gray, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation
Nick Haigler, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
Becky Laffitte, Insurance Law, Litigation – Construction, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Transportation Law
Wilson McDonald, Real Estate Law
Bill Metzger, Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Business Organizations (Including LLCs and Partnerships)
Michael Montgomery, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
Kerk Spong, Real Estate Law
Bobby Stepp, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation
Monty Todd, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
Cal Watson, Bet-The-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
The directory, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys in the publication are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities.
For the past eight years, Robinson Gray has been included in Best Law Firms in America, a companion publication to Best Lawyers. The new edition is set to be released in the fall.
- Robinson Gray Anti-Racism Statement
- Chambers USA names Robinson Gray a ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation
- COVID-19 and small business UPDATE: Critical changes to PPP passed by senate
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines