COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – One Robinson Gray attorney has been named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America. Additionally, 14 other attorneys from the firm have also been recognized in the same publication.
Bill Metzger has been named Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year in Columbia, SC. These designations are presented to a single attorney within each practice area and city.
Best Lawyers in America recognized Robinson Gray attorneys in the following practice areas:
Grady Beard, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
Kevin Bell, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law
Tina Cundari, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation
Frank Ellerbe, Administrative / Regulatory Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Litigation – Environmental, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Utilities Law
Kevin Garrison – Real Estate Law
Betsy Gray, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation
Nick Haigler, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
Becky Laffitte, Insurance Law, Litigation – Construction, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Transportation Law
Wilson McDonald, Real Estate Law
Bill Metzger, Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Business Organizations (Including LLCs and Partnerships)
Michael Montgomery, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
Kerk Spong, Real Estate Law
Bobby Stepp, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation
Monty Todd, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
Cal Watson, Bet-The-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
The directory, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys in the publication are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities.
For the past eight years, Robinson Gray has been included in Best Law Firms in America, a companion publication to Best Lawyers. The new edition is set to be released in the fall.
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson and Ben Gooding named among ‘Best & Brightest’ for 2019
- Lisle Traywick named to 2020 Leadership Columbia class
- 17 Robinson Gray attorneys named ‘Best Lawyers’ for 2020; Betsy Gray and Frank Ellerbe honored as ‘Lawyers of the Year’
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2019
- Robinson Gray Member Beth Richardson recognized as a 2019 Woman of Influence
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA