Kevin is a commercial litigator with broad experience in state and federal courts, administrative and regulatory settings, and arbitration.
While his practice centers around commercial litigation, class action defense, utilities litigation, and insurance coverage disputes, Kevin has represented clients in a wide array of trials and appeals. With more than 30 years of experience, Kevin is consistently recognized by Best Lawyers in the areas of commercial litigation and insurance law and has been recognized as Lawyer of the Year for insurance law.
- Represented G&T cooperative in class action arising from failed project to expand nuclear power facility.
- Represented owner of apartment complexes in class action alleging operation of public water and sewer utility without proper approvals.
- Represented cable television provider in statewide trespass class action alleging provider’s infrastructure was located on private property without permission.
- Represented G&T cooperative in action by member cooperative seeking exit from membership prior to expiration of long-term wholesale power contract.
- Represented life, accident, and health insurers in matters alleging wrongful denial of claims, bad faith, and illegal wagering contracts.
- Represented trade creditor in successor liability action against purchaser of failed business.
- Represented developer in action by purchaser of commercial rental property alleging violations of city parking ordinance.
- Represented former executive in action against company for breach of employment contract and failure to vest stock grants.
- Best Lawyers in America
- Commercial Litigation (2013-2024)
- Insurance Law (2013-2024)
- Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law (2023)
- Columbia Business Monthly Legal Elite of the Midlands
- Energy, Utilities (2019)
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. (1992)
- Order of Wig and Robe
- Furman University, B.S. in Mathematics (1987)
- Dean’s List