COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia Business Monthly has named nine Robinson Gray attorneys to the magazine’s Legal Elite of the Midlands list for 2021. The list recognizes Midlands lawyers whom their peers consider outstanding in their respective practice areas.
Not only that, but one of them – member Frank Ellerbe – received the most votes of anyone in his category. As a result, he will be highlighted even more prominently when the list appears in the magazine.
Here are the nine chosen as Legal Elite, with the practice areas in which they are being recognized:
- Grady Beard, Workers Compensation
- Molly Campolong, chosen in both the Business Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditors Rights areas
- Frank Ellerbe, Energy and Utilities
- Kevin Garrison, Commercial Real Estate
- Betsy Gray, Anti-Trust
- Becky Laffitte, both Personal Injury and Insurance
- Kelly Morrow, Workers Compensation
- Shannon Poteat, Workers Compensation
- Haley Saxby, Insurance
The magazine has been publishing the Legal Elite feature since 2010. The selection process begins with nominations from more than a thousand active lawyers in the Midlands. While attorneys are allowed to nominate members of their own firm, for each in-firm nomination there must be a corresponding out-of-firm nomination. Attorneys are not allowed to vote for themselves.
Attorney votes then narrow the nominees down to the top 10 in each of the 20 practice areas.
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021
- Maura Greg joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Chambers USA cites Robinson Gray for excellence in general commercial litigation
- Robinson Gray adopts Vision and Mission statements on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Michael Montgomery and Nick Haigler join executive committee of Robinson Gray