COLUMBIA, SC – Columbia Business Monthly has named seven Robinson Gray attorneys to the 2019 Legal Elite of the Midlands. The recognition honors attorneys in the Midlands whom their peers consider outstanding in their respective practice areas.
They are recognized in the following categories:
- Kevin Bell – Energy, Utilities
- Frank Ellerbe – Environmental
- Ben Gooding – Business Litigation
- Betsy Gray – Business Litigation
- Paul Hoefer – Banking and Finance
- Becky Laffitte – Insurance
- Bill Metzger – Bankruptcy, Creditor’s Rights
Robinson Gray members Gray, Hoefer, Laffitte and Metzger were also named among the Legal Elite in 2018.
“We appreciate this recognition from Columbia Business Monthly and from our peers,” said Cal Watson, the firm’s managing member. “It’s always gratifying to receive this sort of validation from our fellow attorneys.”
Columbia Business Monthly began honoring Midlands attorneys by publishing the Legal Elite feature in 2010. The Legal Elite selection process begins with nominations from more than 1,000 active lawyers in the Midlands. While attorneys are allowed to nominate members of their own firm, for each in-firm nomination there must be a corresponding out-of-firm nomination. Attorneys are not allowed to vote for themselves.
Attorney votes then narrow the nominees down to the top 10 in each of the 20 practice areas.
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch
- Three Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 by Best Lawyers
- Jasmine Smith named to SC Top 40 Under 40 list by National Black Lawyers
- Thirteen Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2020
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named Star of the Quarter by ABA Young Lawyers Division