COLUMBIA, SC – Columbia Business Monthly has named seven Robinson Gray attorneys to the 2019 Legal Elite of the Midlands. The recognition honors attorneys in the Midlands whom their peers consider outstanding in their respective practice areas.
They are recognized in the following categories:
- Kevin Bell – Energy, Utilities
- Frank Ellerbe – Environmental
- Ben Gooding – Business Litigation
- Betsy Gray – Business Litigation
- Paul Hoefer – Banking and Finance
- Becky Laffitte – Insurance
- Bill Metzger – Bankruptcy, Creditor’s Rights
Robinson Gray members Gray, Hoefer, Laffitte and Metzger were also named among the Legal Elite in 2018.
“We appreciate this recognition from Columbia Business Monthly and from our peers,” said Cal Watson, the firm’s managing member. “It’s always gratifying to receive this sort of validation from our fellow attorneys.”
Columbia Business Monthly began honoring Midlands attorneys by publishing the Legal Elite feature in 2010. The Legal Elite selection process begins with nominations from more than 1,000 active lawyers in the Midlands. While attorneys are allowed to nominate members of their own firm, for each in-firm nomination there must be a corresponding out-of-firm nomination. Attorneys are not allowed to vote for themselves.
Attorney votes then narrow the nominees down to the top 10 in each of the 20 practice areas.
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?
- While coronavirus is out, your tenants get to stay in … but your lender can’t take it
- COVID-19, force majeure provisions, and impossibility of performance