COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia Business Monthly has named 13 Robinson Gray attorneys to the 2020 Legal Elite of the Midlands. The recognition honors attorneys in the Midlands whom their peers consider outstanding in their respective practice areas.
That number is almost double the seven Robinson Gray attorneys who were so honored in 2019.
Here are the 13, with the practice areas in which they are being recognized:
- Ashley Dixon, Workers’ Compensation
- Becky Laffitte, Insurance
- Ben Gooding, Business Litigation
- Betsy Gray, Business Litigation
- Molly Campolong, Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Ashley Johnson, Workers’ Compensation
- Frank Ellerbe, Energy & Utilities
- Bill Metzger, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Kevin Garrison, Commercial Real Estate
- Bobby Stepp, Business Litigation
- Gibbs Leaphart, Workers’ Compensation
- Grady Beard, Workers’ Compensation
- La’Jessica Stringfellow, Business Litigation
Ellerbe, Gooding, Gray, Laffitte and Metzger were also named to the list in 2019.
“It’s gratifying to see so many of our attorneys honored this way by Columbia Business Monthly and our peers,” said Cal Watson, the firm’s managing member. “We appreciate this recognition of their hard work.”
Columbia Business Monthly began publishing the Legal Elite feature in 2010. The selection process begins with nominations from more than a thousand active lawyers in the Midlands. While attorneys are allowed to nominate members of their own firm, for each in-firm nomination there must be a corresponding out-of-firm nomination. Attorneys are not allowed to vote for themselves.
Attorney votes then narrow the nominees down to the top 10 in each of the 20 practice areas.
- Robinson Gray names attorney Ben Gooding as newest member
- Special Olympics South Carolina names Ashley Johnson to board of directors
- Robinson Gray named to Tier 1 of Best Law Firms in Columbia in 12 practice areas
- Jasmine Smith to participate in Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Robinson Gray is Moving to BullStreet in 2022
- Haley Saxby joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division