La’Jessica focuses her practice on business and commercial litigation and administrative and regulatory litigation.
La’Jessica is very active in the South Carolina Bar Association and serves as the education subcommittee chair of the Diversity Committee. She also serves as the South Carolina Young Lawyers Division co-chair of the Protecting Our Youth committee and as Fifth Circuit Representative. La’Jessica is also active in the American Bar Association Section of Litigation and Young Lawyers Division. She currently serves as co-chair of the ABA Section of Litigation Young Advocate Committee. In January of 2021, La'Jessica was appointed by Chief Justice Donald W. Beatty of the state Supreme Court to serve a three-year term on the South Carolina Access to Justice Commission. [read more]
A native of Chester, South Carolina, La’Jessica graduated Magna Cum Laude from Virginia State University in 2011, receiving a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations and a minor in English. After graduating from the University of South Carolina School of Law, La’Jessica served as law clerk to the Honorable John Cannon Few with the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court. Prior to joining Robinson Gray, she served as assistant solicitor with the 11th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office prosecuting domestic violence, sexual assaults, and other violent crimes.
- Represented state agencies and municipalities in litigation.
- Provided legal advice to municipalities and counties during redistricting process.
- Represented election candidate in election dispute.
- Represented businesses and individuals in pre-suit litigation.
- Represented individuals in insurance litigation.
- Represented individuals and businesses in premises liability litigation.
- Represented board of directors in derivative suit litigation.
- Represented individual in content provider investigation and pre-suit litigation.
- Represented individuals and entities in medical malpractice and nursing home defense litigation.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter Award (July 2020)
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch List
- Commercial Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (2022-2023)
- Columbia Business Monthly Legal Elite of the Midlands
- Business Litigation (2020)
- John R. Justice Community Leadership Award
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Scholar
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Leadership in Law (2021)
- State v. Spears Supreme Court Opinion and the “Reasonable Person” Standard, Advocate’s Journal blog (2020)
- The Life and Legacy of Justice Jonathan Jasper Wright, S.C. Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association (2019)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable John C. Few, South Carolina Court of Appeals and South Carolina Supreme Court, August 2015-February 2017
- American Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division (Section of Litigation Liaison)
- Section of Litigation Council and Diversity Committee of Council
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2022
- South Carolina Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission (Jan 2021 – present)
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- USC Center on Professionalism 3L Mentor Program
- Chester Middle School Mock Trial Coach
- City of Chester Recreation Commission, Former Chairperson
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of South Carolina School of Law, 2015
- Virginia State University, 2011