Firm News, Accolades, Featured
Nine Robinson Gray attorneys named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten; four others named Rising Stars
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Robinson Gray is pleased to announce that nine of its attorneys have been named 2021 South Carolina Super Lawyers®, with two of them – members Betsy Gray and Bobby Stepp – making the Top Ten list.
At the same time, four additional lawyers from the firm were selected as 2021 South Carolina “Rising Stars.”
Eleven of the 13 were honored last year as well, evidence of the consistent excellence in which Robinson Gray takes great pride. Attorneys with the firm have appeared on the Super Lawyers list for 14 years now.
The attorneys were selected to the list by peer nominations, independent research and a review by attorneys in the same practice areas. Those selected to Super Lawyers from Robinson Gray, and the practice areas in which they are being honored, include:
- Grady Beard, Workers’ Compensation
- Betsy Gray, Business Litigation
- Becky Laffitte, Personal Injury – Products: Defense
- Bill Metzger, Creditor Debtor Rights
- Beth Richardson, Business Litigation
- Bobby Stepp, Business Litigation
- Monty Todd, Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
- Rob Tyson, Administrative Law
- Cal Watson, Business Litigation
Standing out particularly among that group are Betsy Gray and Bobby Stepp, both named among the Top Ten in South Carolina. Super Lawyers are selected through a patented, multiphase process involving peer nomination, independent research and peer evaluation. Those who receive the very highest point totals make the Top Ten List, meaning they are recognized as the best of the best. Betsy has been named to the Top Ten list eleven out of the past fourteen years, and so far is the only female attorney in South Carolina to have been on the list.
Super Lawyers also recognizes South Carolina “Rising Stars.” This designation notes outstanding lawyers who are younger than 40, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Those selected as Rising Stars from Robinson Gray include:
- Ben Gooding, Business Litigation
- Paul Hoefer, Creditor Debtor Rights
- Michael Montgomery, Personal Injury General: Defense
- Jasmine Smith, Business Litigation
Click here to learn more about the selection process for Super Lawyers: https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html