Chris focuses his practice on commercial litigation, creditors' rights, and real estate and title insurance litigation.
Chris grew up in Columbia and has practiced in Columbia since his graduation from law school. During law school, Chris served as the Student Works Editor for the Federal Courts Law Review and was a summer law clerk for the Honorable Bristow Marchant, US Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court.
Outside of the office, Chris serves as an editor for the Richland County Bar Newsletter. Chris also enjoys spending his time on Lake Murray with his wife and their dog.
- Represented banks in multiple commercial collection actions.
- Represented manufacturers in construction and warranty suits.
- Represented insurance administrator in a class action for claims of breach of contract, fraud in the inducement, and violations of the South Carolina Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Represented residential real estate inspector in dispute involving the sale of real estate.
- Represented financial services company in a class action alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”).
- Represented landowners in multiple easement disputes, boundary line disputes, and mortgage and lien priority disputes.
- Represented landlord in action involving collection of commercial tenant’s past due rental payments.
- Represented national credit union in defending allegations of violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”).
- Represented landowners in quiet title and partition actions.
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch List
- Commercial Litigation (2021-2023)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2023)
- Federal Courts Law Review, Student Works Editor 2011-2012
- Utility Easements in South Carolina: What to Know When Buying Property that May Have Existing Utility Easements, SC Lawyer (July 6, 2015)
- Liberty and Worker’s Compensation for All? A Discussion of Workers’ Compensation Benefits Paid to an Undocumented Immigrant, 4 Fed. Cts. L. Rev. 285 (2011)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Bristow Marchant, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court, Charleston
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Young Lawyers Division
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Charleston School of Law (2012)
- Dean’s List, Fall 2011, Spring 2012
- Clemson University (2009)