Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights
Our clients can be greatly impacted by distressed financial situations. In these cases, they rely on our experience to enforce and protect their rights and to maximize value. We understand pre- and post-insolvency issues from every stakeholder’s perspective which assists us as we help our clients avoid or address a financial crisis.
At Robinson Gray we handle all aspects of insolvency and creditors’ rights representation. We primarily represent creditors in bankruptcies, workouts, secured transactions, and collection and foreclosure actions. Using our considerable experience, we also work with small, middle market, and family-owned business in navigating the issues associated with restructuring financial obligations.
We have the depth of knowledge to handle a wide variety of matters, including the following:
- Represented banks in multiple commercial collection actions.
- Represented Certified Development Corporations in South Carolina for the closing SBA 504 loans as a designated SBA attorney.
- Served as primary South Carolina counsel for national lender in handling their loan workouts, collection, foreclosure and bankruptcy work.
- Defended lender in bankruptcy adversary proceeding alleging payments on loans made to debtor were preferential transfers and fraudulent conveyances.
- Defended corporation administering billions of dollars of retirement assets against claims of negligence and breach of contract.