Rachel focuses her practice primarily on litigation matters involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, and personal injury defense. Additionally, she has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
A native of Columbia, South Carolina, Rachel graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal, earning her Juris Doctorate in 2009.
In 2009, Rachel became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd on the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining Robinson Gray, she practiced in Columbia, South Carolina with another law firm for five years.
- Represented governmental agencies in cases involving personal injury or property damage.
- Represented commercial establishments in lawsuits alleging personal injury due to negligence and/or intentional torts.
- Represented manufacturers of industrial products in cases involving alleged asbestos exposure.
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Dennis Shedd for the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals (2010-2012)
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Leadership Columbia, Class 46
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- Constitutional Law Tutor
- Member, ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal
- Received nine CALI Awards for Excellence
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Wig and Robe
- Wofford College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
September 20, 2017